Caterham’s former sporting director Steve Nielsen will join Scuderia Toro Rosso for the 2013 Formula 1 season, possibly as early as the opening pre-season test at Jerez next month.
The highly-experienced Briton quit his post at Caterham barely a year into his contract, having previously worked for the likes of Team Lotus, Tyrrell, Honda, Arrows and Benetton/Renault.
As we reported on his announcement last month, it had been expected he would move to Mercedes and work under former boss Bob Bell, who serves as the Brackley-based team’s overall technical lead.
Instead, he is set to join Toro Rosso, with the Italian team expected to make a formal announcement in the coming days.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020