Mark Webber will lose his longstanding engineer, Ciaron Pilbeam, but gain the services of Kimi Räikkönen’s engineer, Simon Rennie, as the two men on the pit wall swap teams in the off-season.
While Rennie will serve as Webber’s new set-up and strategy point of contact for the 2013 Formula 1 season, Pilbeam’s new role at Lotus will be more senior, having earned a call-up to the role of the team’s chief race engineer.
“We can confirm that Ciaron Pilbeam has left the team to take up a new position with Lotus,” a Red Bull Racing statement reads.
“We’re pleased to welcome Simon Rennie to Red Bull Racing who will be Mark Webber’s race engineer.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020