Mark Webber will lose his longstanding engineer, Ciaron Pilbeam, but gain the services of Kimi Räikkönen’s engineer, Simon Rennie, as the two men on the pit wall swap teams in the off-season.
While Rennie will serve as Webber’s new set-up and strategy point of contact for the 2013 Formula 1 season, Pilbeam’s new role at Lotus will be more senior, having earned a call-up to the role of the team’s chief race engineer.
“We can confirm that Ciaron Pilbeam has left the team to take up a new position with Lotus,” a Red Bull Racing statement reads.
“We’re pleased to welcome Simon Rennie to Red Bull Racing who will be Mark Webber’s race engineer.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018