Caterham has become the latest team to confirm the launch date of its 2013 car, with the Leafield-based outfit announcing that it will take the wraps off its new car on the morning of the opening pre-season test at Jerez.
The new car, penned under the supervision of technical director Mark Smith and performance director John Iley, will be dubbed the CT03. Last year’s car was dubbed the CT01.
So why the apparent skip in the numbering scheme?
“Our 2012 car was CT01 and our 2013 car is CT03….. The first road car from our partnership with Renault is CT02, hence CT03… simple!” the team wrote on its Twitter feed.
The team has not confirmed if it will use the launch ceremony to unveil the identity of the driver who will partner the newly-appointed Charles Pic. Both the incumbent Vitaly Petrov and reserve driver Giedo van der Garde are believed to be the clear favourites for the seat.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018