An interesting story to come out of Italy this week as rumours Red Bull team principal Christian Horner paid a visit to the Ferrari factory in Maranello have circulated online.
Motorsport-total.com, a German website, reported this week that certain leaks had made way to the Italian media that a ‘secret visit’ took place in December between Horner and the Ferrari human resources manager, with suggestions that Ferrari is keen to target Red Bull Racing’s star designer, Adrian Newey.
It has long been reported that Horner has also been linked as a possible replacement for Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali, and with his contract set to expire at the end of 2014 this too could be a potential option.
However, if the services of Newey were up for grabs, it would be safe to say that it wouldn’t only be Ferrari seeking his signature…
Perhaps Horner is ready to jump ship with Vettel should his German charger be heading to the prancing horse in the next few years? Only time will tell.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018