Days out from launching its 2013 challenger, the Lotus F1 team will have to find more space on its E21’s flanks after signing motorsport apparel and footwear maker Alpinestars as a sponsor on a multi-year deal.
The deal will see the Italian company supply its racing product range to drivers Kimi Räikkönen and Romain Grosjean, and the entire racing team.
“Alpinestars is an internationally recognised and respected brand so it’s fantastic to agree a partnership,” Lotus F1 team principal Eric Boullier said.
“The support and proactive approach that Alpinestars brings will benefit the team in many ways.”
Lotus will launch the E21 at its Enstone-based factory tomorrow.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020