Canadian plastics company NOVA Chemicals will remain with Scuderia Toro Rosso as a sponsor for the third successive season, the Faenza-based team has announced.
“We are delighted that NOVA Chemicals will be with us for another season,” Scuderia Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost said in today’s announcement.
“Continuity is a vital component for success in Formula 1 and that is as true on the commercial front as it is on the technical side. We look forward to a successful and exciting season together.”
The announcement is hardly a great surprise, given that NOVA Chemicals – along with fellow STR sponsors CEPSA and Falcon Private Bank – are all subsidiaries of the United Arab Emirates’ International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) oil conglomerate, which is believed to be a minor shareholder in the team.
After a troubled 2012 season where the team finished ninth overall in the Constructors’ Championship standings, the team will be targeting a significant improvement in their results heading into 2013. The team will launch its STR8 challenger on February 4.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018