The Sahara Force India team has officially launched its 2013 challenger, dubbed the VJM06, at a launch ceremony at the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.
As expected, the team confirmed it would retain Paul di Resta’s services for the upcoming season, but the team hasn’t announced who will partner the Scot.
In a cold and drizzly pit lane, di Resta and deputy Team Principal Bob Fernley had the honours of unveiling the VJM06 before Di Resta gave it a few short demonstration laps around Silverstone’s Short Circuit layout.
For the fifth year in a row, the VJM06 will enjoy Mercedes power, while the team also used the launch to announce a new sponsorship partnership with the TW Steel watch group. The new car also does away with the ‘stepped nose’ design as part of a fairly conventional-looking design concept.
The team finished the 2013 season seventh overall in the Constructors’ Championship standings, with its highlight being a near-victorious performance by Nico Hülkenberg at the Brazilian Grand Prix.
The identity of the team’s second driver is likely to remain a mystery until the second pre-season test session at the Circuit de Catalunya. Ferrari reserve driver and Force India test driver Jules Bianchi is considered the favourite to claim the seat.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020