The Sahara Force India team’s little-used development driver James Rossiter will get an outing in the team’s new VJM06 challenger at this week’s opening pre-season test session at Jerez, the team has announced.
The Englishman – whose previous connections with Honda gave him test opportunities with the BAR, Honda and Super Aguri outfits – will pilot the VJM06 at the Spanish circuit to give the team comparisons between its simulator version and the actual car. Rossiter will continue his simulator work for the team for the remainder of the 2013 season.
The exact duration of Rossiter’s test appearance is not yet known, although lead driver Paul di Resta will have the majority of the running over the four-day test.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018