Three legends of the Australian motorsport landscape will go head-to-head in the ultimate speed comparison when the Top Gear Festival hits Sydney next month at Sydney Motorsport Park.
And the headline acts will be no less than the likes of Grand Prix winner Mark Webber, former MotoGP champion Casey Stoner and reigning V8 Supercars champion Jamie Whincup.
All three will hit the Eastern Creek circuit, with Webber piloting the famous Red Bull F1 show car, while Stone will ride a Honda CBR1000 road bike, and Whincup will drive his Red Bull Holden Commodore VF.
The event will be one of the headline acts at the two-day event, which will be hosted by Top Gear co-hosts Jeremy Clarkson and James May, along with the series’ tam racing driver, The Stig.
“We’re calling it the Australian speed showdown,” Murray Hodges, the event’s managing director told the Herald Sun newspaper.
“To have those three guys all in their prime, the biggest names in Australian racing all here, it’s a promoter’s dream. There’s a lot on the line for these guys. None of them like to lose!”
The Top Gear Festival will be held at the Sydney Motorsport Park on the weekend of March 9-10, one week before the season-opening Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix.
To purchase your Top Gear Festival tickets or to learn more about the event, click on the banner below:
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020