Sports Illustrated cover girl, swimsuit model and international sensation, Jessica Gomes has today been announced as the eleventh driver on the grid for the Mazda6 Celebrity Challenge at the 2013 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix.
The Los Angeles-based glamour model will return to her home country in March to battle it out on the Albert Park circuit against a host of Australian and international celebrities, including the likes of DJ Ruby Rose, motorsport commentator Mark Beretta and Britain’s greatest Olympic athlete Sir Chris Hoy.
“I’m a pretty competitive person, so we’ll see how I go on the day,” she said. “I’m not setting my expectations too high because I need a bit of practice first and get a feel for what it’s like, because this is the first time I’m actually going to be racing a car!”
The Mazda6 Celebrity Challenge will feature 20 Mazda6 SKYACTIV-D 2.2-litre diesel vehicles and will bring together celebrities from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines to compete at Melbourne’s spectacular Albert Park street circuit during the 2013 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix.
To purchase your tickets to the Australian Grand Prix, click on the banner below:
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020