V8 Supercars frontrunner Mark Winterbottom and his wife Renee have welcomed their second child into the world, just hours after the launch of the stunning new Pepsi Max livery that his Ford Performance Racing team will run in the upcoming season.
While at Friday night’s livery launch, ‘Frosty’ received the news that his wife had gone into labour, prompting an early exit from the event to be by her side, still decked out in his race suit!
"We are over the moon to announce the safe arrival of an 8 pound 10 baby boy at 12.46am 8th Feb 2013," he wrote.
"Everyone is doing great!" he added. "We are slowly putting together a footy team! Or maybe team mates at Bathurst!"
The proud parents have named the newborn Austin Maxwell Winterbottom (pictured right). He is the younger brother to two-year-old Oliver.
The entire RichardsF1.com team sends its congratulations to the Winterbottoms.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018