Nissan Motorsport has taken the covers off the four new Nissan Altima L33 V8 Supercars it will field in this year’s championship. The team has also confirmed the widely expected news that James Moffat and Michael Caruso will join the outfit as team-mates to owner/drivers Rick and Todd Kelly.
The series’ newest factory-backed team will run with dual livery schemes: as we confirmed last year, the Kelly brothers will run in the outfit’s traditional Jack Daniel’s colouring, while Moffat’s long-time backer Norton 360 will run its colours on Caruso’s #36 entry, and Moffat’s #360 entry.
It will be the first time in two decades that Nissan has fielded a factory-backed effort in the Australian touring car scene.
The new cars will get their first public shakedown on Saturday’s official pre-season test at Sydney Motorsport Park.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018