In the latter stages of his F1 career, Michael Schumacher was not averse to competing wheel-to-wheel with drivers who were barely out of diapers when he started his F1 career.
This weekend, the seven-time World Champion will be racing against someone who wasn’t even born when the German won his second World Championship crown!
The retired F1 star will return to his karting roots, heading to Italy this weekend to contest a round of the WSK Euro Series at the La Conca International Circuit near Lecce.
Schumacher will compete as part of a five-man squad in the KZ1 class, which includes reigning KF1 World Champion Flavio Camponeschi.
Among his rivals this weekend will be 15-year-old rising karting star Max Verstappen, who is the son of Schumacher’s former Benetton team-mate Jos Verstappen.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020