Despite narrowly missing out on his third World Championship in 2012, Fernando Alonso believes he is in better form heading into the 2013 Formula 1 season.
Three points was all that separated Alonso from Sebastian Vettel last season and this was achieved in a Ferrari that was far from the best in the field. So far in testing in 2013 Ferrari has been a lot closer than they were at the same time last season, and Alonso is confident this will translate into strong track performances for the season ahead.
"Always you can improve and I am ready to do so," Alonso said. "Last year was the best year of my career and I was very happy with the performance but I think we will do better because I have prepared better and I am more motivated than last year.
“I am better than last year, but also it is true that I need a better car than last year because we were too far from the leaders. I expect the team to have a better car, but me and Felipe [Massa] do not ask to be half a second in front of everybody – two-tenths behind everyone will be all right.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020