Following on from the very successful staging of the inaugural Australian Grand Prix Run on Sunday, it was now the cyclists turn to have a go around Albert Park.
And who better than to turn up at the UBS Cycle the Circuit event than one of Australia’s finest ever track cyclists, Olympic gold medalist Anna Meares?
She showed her skills on two wheels certainly hasn’t diminished in the months following the London Olympics, and gave Australian Grand Prix Corporation CEO Andrew Westacott and other guests the VIP treatment around the Formula 1 circuit.
Our event photographer Ming Ham (who is a huge cycling fan) was on-hand to capture all of the action – take a look at a selection of his fine photographic skills right here:
Meares will also show off her skills on four wheels as one of 21 celebrity drivers in the Mazda6 Celebrity Challenge, which will serve as a support category race during the 2013 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020