Time stood still – for a moment at least – as the grid girl outfits being worn for the 2013 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix were unveiled at Melbourne’s riverside today.
Six beautiful models showcased the latest designer efforts, which featured a vintage-inspired green, gold and white scheme in line with the corporate colours of new event title sponsor, Rolex.
The grid girls were appropriately chaperoned by one of Australia’s more eligible bachelors, Scuderia Toro Rosso driver Daniel Ricciardo, who looked only too happy to oblige for the occasion!
The Yarra River has never looked so beautiful as the VIP guest and his models floated down Melbourne’s famous tributary on the MV Melburnian pleasure cruiser, before berthing in front of the waiting media at the city’s Southbank.
Our complete gallery of pictures will be showcased on our Facebook fan page soon, but here’s a teaser of the excellent photographic skills of our event photographer, Ming Ham…
What do you you think of the new look? Post your comments below…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020