Glorious weather conditions helped ensure another huge crowd headed trackside to Albert Park today, with the Australian Grand Prix Corporation reported that over 70,000 fans hit the circuit to watch Friday’s Grand Prix action.
After yesterday’s strong ‘Heritage Day’ attendance numbers, today drew a healthy number of grandstand and general admission ticketholders who took in the action of two Formula 1 practice sessions, as well as races in the V8 Supercars, Porsche Carrera Cup and Mazda6 Celebrity Challenge.
“With bumper crowds yesterday, and strong attendance today, we are on track for a fantastic race weekend,” beamed the event’s CEO, Andrew Westacott.
“The weather has been perfect and the city of Melbourne is looking exceptional as we prepare for the season opening race on Sunday.”
The gates for Saturday’s track action will open at 10:30AM local time, and you can still purchase your tickets online or at the entry gates. To purchase your tickets or get more information, please click on the banner below:
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020