The Campos Racing team has confirmed it will run Spain’s Fernando Monje and France’s Hugo Valente in its two SEAT León WTCCs for the 2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship.
The upcoming season will be Monje’s first full-time season of WTCC racing, after the 20-year-old contested five rounds with the team – then known as SUNRED Engineering before it merged with Campos earlier this month – in addition to winning the FIA European Touring Car Cup with the team.
The team will also field Valente – another twenty-year-old – who had one outing for the team at Shanghai last year as a reward for his solid performances in the SEAT Supercopa France in 2012.
However, Valente won’t be able to make his full-time debut with the team until the Hungarian round of the season in May.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020