Occasional IndyCar Series racer Ana Beatriz will return to this year’s championship grid with a one-off – at this stage – outing at this weekend’s Grand Prix of St Petersburg season-opener with Dale Coyne Racing.
The 28-year-old ran with the team at last week’s pre-season test session at Barber Motorsport Park. She will serve as teammate to Justin Wilson, who remains with the squad for another year and will be hoping to add to the race win he chalked up at the Texas Motor Speedway in 2012.
Beatriz ran a full-time IndyCar Series campaign with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing in 2011 – claiming a best-placed finish of eleventh at Toronto – but has since been restricted to occasional outings as and when her sponsors have been able to secure her a seat on the grid.
Last year, she made two appearances in an entry jointly run by the Andretti Autosports and Conquest Racing outfits. She drove at her home race in Sao Paulo, as well as the Indianapolis 500.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018