The Caterham F1 Team is quietly confident that it can bring the challenge to Marussia this weekend after a positive day of running during the first two practice sessions in Malaysia.
After a disappointing first round in Australia where Marussia outpaced them, both Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde had a productive day during the mixed conditions at Sepang.
“I think we’ve had a pretty good day.” van der Garde said after practice.
“We’ve completed a lot of laps on all the tyres except the full wets and run through the whole program. It’s also good for me to get as many laps as possible done on the intermediates – it’s all part of the learning process and with full running in both FP1 and FP2 today, compared to Melbourne, we’re in a better position for tomorrow and Sunday than we were last weekend.”
With Malaysia being the teams home race, both drivers face a busier program than usual, and while Charles Pic spoke about it during our exclusive one-on-one chat with him yesterday, he has been enjoying his time so far in Malaysia this week with the added demands it brings.
“Overall it’s been a good week in Malaysia so far for me.” he said. “It’s been busy but I’m enjoying it – we’ve had a great welcome wherever we go and I’m sure that’ll continue all weekend.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020