Lewis Hamilton was forced to scrap his scheduled media activities at the Shanghai International Circuit on Thursday after succumbing to the effects of the city’s appalling air quality.
Hamilton had attended several Mercedes press events on Wednesday, but became unwell overnight with eye and nose irritations, according to a team spokesperson.
The team elected to keep its new signing under wraps on Thursday so he can recuperate ahead of today’s opening practice sessions. The first practice session for the Chinese Grand Prix gets underway at 10:00AM local time (GMT+8).
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020