The RUSH filmmakers have released their first ‘lobby’ poster for this year’s highly anticipated Formula 1 film release.
While Thor actor Chris Hemsworth will serve as a surefire draw card in luring many of his female admirers to the cinemas worldwide, the Facebook tagline might not have been the smartest move – particularly if they have hopes of attracting a strong female audience…
“They say James Hunt spent two weeks shagging 33 stewardesses. Not bad. Make the most of your weekend,” their intro line reads.
There’s no denying the evidence that Hunt – in his F1 heyday – was a heavy drug user and quite possibly a sex addict. It is rumoured that he bedded upwards of 5,000 women in his all-too-brief life.
But to use it as a teaser tag line? The reactions were not all positive:
“Why do you have to use a tag line that reminds us of DRIVEN?!?!?” one fan wrote.
“NOT the way to promote the film,” added another, while a female fan wrote: “[That] makes me want to throw up on my shoes.”
For those of you who haven’t seen the two cinema trailers that have been released for the movie, you can check them out on our YouTube channel by clicking here.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020