The two Pepsi Max Ford Performance Racing entries of Mark Winterbottom and Will Davison will compete at this weekend’s V8 Supercars Championship round at Barbagallo Raceway with identical liveries, after the duo’s title sponsor opted for a change in paint schemes.
The outfit has shed the polarising ‘fire and ice’ graffiti scheme and gone with a less busy black and blue colour scheme, marking the first time in the team’s history that its lead cars with have totally identical paint jobs.
“Aside from winning, for Pepsi Max it’s all about doing things differently and standing out in V8 Supercars, so we enjoy the opportunity to change up the liveries every once in a while to keep it interesting and add some spark to the grid,” PepsiCo Australia’s brand manager, Adam Burling, said.
The team will be hoping that the new look will help deliver it a bumper weekend at the Perth circuit, which saw the team claim a clean sweep of race wins last year.
This time around, the team heads into the event with Davison leading the Drivers’ Championship standings, while Winterbottom sits just outside the top-ten in the standings after a troubled outing at Pukekohe Raceway, which saw him involved in two separate incidents with Jamie Whincup.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020