The Williams Formula 1 team is no stranger to sourcing sponsorship revenue from far-flung reaches of the world, and its latest sponsorship acquisition – from Kazakhstan, no less – certainly continues the trend…
The Grove-based team has today confirmed the signing of Kazakhstani investment firm, TAK. The company will place logos of the Kazakh capital, Astana, on the Williams FW35’s SIS vane and outer nose struts for the remainder of the season. The move is hoped to provide tourism and economic investment to the former Soviet state
The UNESCO heritage-listed city, which has been the capital city of Kazakhstan since 1997, is one of the largest commercial cities in the region and will play host to Expo 2017.
“Formula One is one of the most high profile sports in the world and its global reach will offer Astana an unrivalled marketing platform,” TAK Group’s Artur Ardavichus said in the Williams team’s media release.
“Williams is also one of the most respected teams in the sport so it is especially gratifying to partner with them. We are really looking forward to working together this year to promote sport and tourism in the city of Astana and the country of Kazakhstan as a whole.”
“It’s with great pleasure that we welcome TAK Group as a new partner of the team and look forward to working closely with them to achieve their marketing ambitions,” added Williams F1 team founder Sir Frank Williams.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020