IndyCar Series driver Ana Beatriz had one extra challenge to contend with ahead of taking the grid for yesterday’s Indianapolis 500: her boyfriend decided to pop the question just a few hours before the big race!
The 28-year-old Brazilian was proposed to by her boyfriend of five months, Daniel Souza, giving the Dale Coyne Racing driver something extra to think about before taking to the grid and starting the race from her 29th-placed qualifying position.
“After the race I will decide,” she laughed, indicating she would give the idea plenty of thought over the 200-lap race. “If I win, then yes!”
Unfortunately victory didn’t come her way of the Sao Paulo-born driver, but she did finish in fifteenth place and on the lead lap (the most positions gained of any runner), marking the best finish of her four Indianapolis 500 starts to-date.
It is not yet known whether she did accept Daniel’s marriage proposal…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018