Next weekend’s round of the FIA World Touring Car Championship will see the largest field of the season compete for honours around the streets of Porto.
The Campos Racing squad has announced that it will field three SEAT Leons for the final European round of the 2013 season, with series regular Fernando Monje joined by Hugo Valente and Nikolay Karamyshev, who have both had occasional outings with the team this year.
Valente had been set to miss out on a drive at Porto, but he has another outing on top of his six-round deal with the squad after it secured the ex-Pepe Oriola SEAT that has become available following the Spaniard’s defection to Chevrolet power.
Tom Boardman will also return to the field next weekend. His Special tune Racing outfit resumes its championship campaign, which has been disrupted by a series of technical woes. Following a disastrous run at the earlier rounds, the team opted to skip the recent Austrian and Russian events to complete rebuild and test the Englishman’s car.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020