Formula 1 rookie Valtteri Bottas has hardly been able to set the world on fire courtesy of his rather execrable Williams, but the Finn did manage to claim one ‘fast’ stat: being too quick down the pit lane.
The youngster copped the maximum €1,000 fine for pit lane speeding during Friday’s opening practice session, clocked a whopping 21.1km/h over the prescribed 80km/h speed limit.
Following the injuries sustained to a FOM cameraman during the German Grand Prix, the FIA opted to reduce pit lane speed limits from 100km/h to 80km/h for the rest of the season. Perhaps someone forgot to calibrate the FW35’s pit lane speed limiter…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018