Formula 1 rookie Valtteri Bottas has hardly been able to set the world on fire courtesy of his rather execrable Williams, but the Finn did manage to claim one ‘fast’ stat: being too quick down the pit lane.
The youngster copped the maximum €1,000 fine for pit lane speeding during Friday’s opening practice session, clocked a whopping 21.1km/h over the prescribed 80km/h speed limit.
Following the injuries sustained to a FOM cameraman during the German Grand Prix, the FIA opted to reduce pit lane speed limits from 100km/h to 80km/h for the rest of the season. Perhaps someone forgot to calibrate the FW35’s pit lane speed limiter…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019