Mark Webber will reprise his appearance on Top Gear when it goes to air this weekend, seeking to unseat Lewis Hamilton from top spot on the show’s Formula 1 Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car segment.
The Australian veteran last appeared on the show way back in 2005 when he was a driver for Williams, guiding the Suzuki Liana around the show’s test track with a time of 1:47.1 in soaking conditions.
Hamilton was the last F1 driver to have a crack at the leaderboard, managing to eclipse Sebastian Vettel’s previous record by a full 1.1 seconds when he appeared on the show earlier this year.
The current F1 driver leaderboard is as follows:
|Driver||Lap Time||Year||Track Conditions|
|4.||Ben Collins (The Stig 2)||1:44.4||Dry|
|6.||Lewis Hamilton||1:44.7||2007||Wet and (apparently) oily|
|9.||Perry McCarthy (The Stig 1)||1:46.0||Dry|
|10.||Kimi Räikkönen||1:46.1||2012||Very wet|
|12.||Mark Webber||1:47.1||2005||Extremely wet|
The episode will go to air on Sunday.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020