Stefan Wilson will make his IndyCar Series debut at next month’s Baltimore Grand Prix, with the 23-year-old securing a one-race deal to partner his older brother, former Grand Prix driver Justin Wilson, at the Dale Coyne Racing team.
“I’ve known for the past week that I would be racing in Baltimore, and its been so hard to keep it bottled up inside,” twenty-three-year-old Stefan said of the agreement.
“It’s exciting for so many reasons. Not only will I be making my debut in the IndyCar Series, but it will mark the first time that I will be competing against my older brother Justin.”
His older brother added: “I am very happy for Stefan and this great opportunity he has. It should be a lot of fun racing against each other as we both have similar driving styles.”
It will mark the first time in over thirty years that two brothers will line up alongside each other at an IndyCar Series event. The last time this occurred was when Don and Bill Whittington qualified for the Pocono Raceway round way back in 1983.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2019 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 2 February, 2020
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019