Ford Performance Racing’s engineering ace, Campbell Little, will be loaned out to the outfit’s customer partner, Dick Johnson Racing, to help shore up the squad’s technical operations.
In an unusual arrangement, however, Little will continue to support FPR’s engineering efforts during race weekends where he will continue his role as race engineer to Alex Davison.
“Placing Campbell at DJR makes sense for everyone involved,” FPR team principal Tim Edwards said in making the announcement.
“Campbell knows our program as well as any of our engineers so he will help DJR staff get the most out of our technical alliance which obviously benefits everyone involved.”
Little is a highly-rated engineer in Ford circles, joining the FPR stable after previous stints with Stone Brothers Racing and Triple Eight Engineering during their days as Ford outfits.
Dick Johnson Racing is itself enjoying an upswing in its fortunes, with FPR protégé Chaz Mostert – who is also on loan to the team – claiming his maiden V8 Supercars race win last time out at Queensland Raceway.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018