The identity of Sebastian Vettel’s 2014 teammate could be revealed as soon as this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix, according the insiders in the German press, and all indicators suggest that it will be Daniel Ricciardo.
Sport Bild’s claims that the confirmation of the 23-year-old’s promotion from Scuderia Toro Rosso will be made ahead of this weekend’s Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
“Unfortunately, I cannot say any more than that we will make an announcement at Spa,” Red Bull Racing advisor Dr Helmut Marko told the newspaper.
Rumoured negotiations with Kimi Räikkönen are reportedly set to have faltered as Lotus moves to re-sign him, although there was the more outlandish claims linking the Finn to a return to Ferrari, which is a move that all parties concerned have flatly denied.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020