Caterham F1 reserve driver Heikki Kovalainen will get more Friday practice outings this season, with the Leafield-based team confirming that the Finn will drive at this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix and the following round, the Italian Grand Prix, at Monza.
Kovalainen – who lost his race seat with the team at the end of last season – returned to the fold as the team’s reserve driver in April, participating in two practice outings for the team at the Bahrain and Spanish Grands Prix as the team sought to better understand its CT03 challenger.
The one-time Grand Prix winner will drive Charles Pic’s car at the Belgian Grand Prix, and then take over Giedo van der Garde’s car at the following round.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018