The TOLL Transport group has announced that it will not renew its major sponsorship of the Holden Racing Team (Walkinshaw Racing) at the end of the current V8 Supercars Championship season.
“While we have enjoyed our eight years of supporting Holden teams, as Australia’s largest provider of transport and logistics we have decided to instead support important road safety initiatives across Australia,” TOLL Group managing director Brian Kruge said in a media release today.
“It’s been a great eight years for Toll and the Holden Racing Team, and we wish them all the best for the future.”
The logistics group has been a sponsor in the series since 2006, when it joined the-then HSV Dealer Team, which won back-to-back championship titles with Rick Kelly and Garth Tander.
When Tander joined the HRT operation after winning his crown, TOLL followed suit and became the team’s major naming rights sponsor for three seasons, electing to extend its multi-year sponsorship deal with the team through to the current season.
The news leaves the HRT sponsorship hunters on the lookout for a new major sponsor of the team, although it will take some comfort in the decision by the SuperCheap Auto retailing group to extend its naming rights sponsorship of its third entry, which will be driven by Tim Slade next year.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020