RUSH, the feature film charting the 1976 World Championship battle between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, will have its Australian premiere at Melbourne’s Crown Complex tomorrow night in an exclusive event hosted by the Australian Grand Prix Corporation.
Directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard, the movie stars Australian actor Chris Hemsworth (playing Hunt) and German-Spanish actor Daniel Brühl (playing Lauda).
Despite the premiere taking place on home soil, Hemsworth won’t be present for tomorrow night’s VIP screening, so instead it will be Brühl doing the red carpet honours. The Inglorious Basterds star will also have a passenger ride in a Swisse Minardi F1 two-seater in the morning at the Albert Park Grand Prix circuit.
Our Melbourne-based reporter Tristan Clark will be on-hand covering both events exclusively for RichardsF1.com tomorrow, so do make sure you check in on the website to take in all of the best action and red carpet arrivals.
Don’t forget that our Australian readers can enter our exclusive giveaway to win one of five movie posters and double cinema passes to watch RUSH – thanks to our friends from Hopscotch Films – which has its national release from October 3. To enter, click on the link below:
ENTER OUR EXCLUSIVE ‘RUSH’ MOVIE GIVEAWAY! CLICK HERE
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin closes in on third title - 26 September, 2020
- Supercars: Former team granted Bathurst 1000 wildcard - 22 September, 2020
- Supercars: McLaughlin leads DJRTP 1-2 in Race 3 - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen dominates Race 2 at The Bend - 20 September, 2020
- Supercars: Coulthard wins thriller at The Bend - 19 September, 2020