Sauber has confirmed that the mechanic run over by Nico Hülkenberg in this morning’s final practice session has suffered a hairline fracture in his toe.
The incident occurred halfway through the shortened session, with Hülkenberg’s right-rear wheel clipping the unfortunate mechanic when he came into the pits.
After being assisted to his feet by his fellow mechanics, the injured crew member was carted off to the circuit’s medical centre, with the checks confirming the foot injury.
The team has confirmed that the injured mechanic will be back in his normal duties in time for qualifying. They make them tough in Formula 1!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018