Sauber has confirmed that the mechanic run over by Nico Hülkenberg in this morning’s final practice session has suffered a hairline fracture in his toe.
The incident occurred halfway through the shortened session, with Hülkenberg’s right-rear wheel clipping the unfortunate mechanic when he came into the pits.
After being assisted to his feet by his fellow mechanics, the injured crew member was carted off to the circuit’s medical centre, with the checks confirming the foot injury.
The team has confirmed that the injured mechanic will be back in his normal duties in time for qualifying. They make them tough in Formula 1!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018