Sauber has confirmed that the mechanic run over by Nico Hülkenberg in this morning’s final practice session has suffered a hairline fracture in his toe.
The incident occurred halfway through the shortened session, with Hülkenberg’s right-rear wheel clipping the unfortunate mechanic when he came into the pits.
After being assisted to his feet by his fellow mechanics, the injured crew member was carted off to the circuit’s medical centre, with the checks confirming the foot injury.
The team has confirmed that the injured mechanic will be back in his normal duties in time for qualifying. They make them tough in Formula 1!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020