Yukinori Taniguchi will have another outing in this year’s FIA World Touring Car Championship, after landing a last-minute deal to drive a third SEAT León for the Campos Racing squad at next weekend’s Race of China at Shanghai.
Taniguchi made a one-off comeback to the championship at the previous round at Suzuka, substituting for the double-booked Fredy Barth in the Wiechers-Sport BMW 320TC.
Finishing in second place in both races’ Eurosport Asia Trophy standings was enough to ensure he lead the overall trophy points’ standings, and this extra opportunity could be enough to help him in his quest for outright trophy honours in this new-for-2013 category.
Taniguchi currently leads the points race over his compatriots Masaki Kano and Takuya Izawa – both of whom were confirmed for single outings at Suzuka – while the best-placed driver committed for all three Asian rounds is Macanese driver Jerónimo Badaraco.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020