Former Grand Prix driver Martin Donnelly will make his second appearance of the 2013 Formula 1 season on the FIA Stewards’ panel at this weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
His Grand Prix career was curtailed in an horrific accident during qualifying for the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez, in which he suffered sickening injuries after being thrown from his destroyed car.
After a lengthy recuperation, Donnelly return to racing at a national level and went on to found a driver training academy in Norfolk, in addition to holding a number of racing management positions.
His last appearance as the Drivers’ Representative on the FIA Stewards’ panel came at the Canadian Grand Prix earlier this season.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018