Former Grand Prix driver Martin Donnelly will make his second appearance of the 2013 Formula 1 season on the FIA Stewards’ panel at this weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
His Grand Prix career was curtailed in an horrific accident during qualifying for the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez, in which he suffered sickening injuries after being thrown from his destroyed car.
After a lengthy recuperation, Donnelly return to racing at a national level and went on to found a driver training academy in Norfolk, in addition to holding a number of racing management positions.
His last appearance as the Drivers’ Representative on the FIA Stewards’ panel came at the Canadian Grand Prix earlier this season.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020