The FIA has added a second DRS zone for this weekend’s United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas, continuing the trend set throughout the 2013 season.
The first activation zone – retained from the inaugural race in 2012 – will have its detection line place just before Turn 11, with the activation zone running along the subsequent straight to Turn 12.
The second activation zone has been placed along the start/finish straight, with its detection point coming at Turn 19.
The only races staged in 2013 to have had a single DRS activation zone were the Monaco and Japanese Grands Prix.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020