Max Chilton and Esteban Gutiérrez have each been hit with an official reprimand by the FIA Stewards after qualifying at the Brazilian Grand Prix.
The Marussia and Sauber drivers respectively were found to have crossed the pit entry blend line during qualifying at the Interlagos circuit, which had been flagged as a sanctionable offence in the pre-event notes issued by FIA Race Director Charlie Whiting.
Both were found in breach of Appendix L, Chapter IV, Article 4 (d) of the FIA Sporting Regulations, which led the panel – joined by former Grand Prix podium-winner Mark Blundell for this weekend – to take action.
Marussia was also handed a €5,000 fine for unsafely releasing its drivers into the path of drivers queued at the exit of pit lane.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020