Sauber’s Head of Track Engineering, Tom McCullough, will leave the Hinwil team at the end of February, the team has confirmed.
The 38-year-old Briton joined the team at the end of last season after a ten-year stint with Williams, where he moved through the team’s engineering ranks to become the race engineer for Nico Hülkenberg, Rubens Barrichello and Bruno Senna.
Prior to this, he worked in the FIA GT1 Championship for Panoz in 1997 and followed that up with a five-year stint with Reynard Motorsport as an R&D engineer.
It is understood that McCullough is returning to work with one of the British-based Formula 1 teams, although exactly which one is yet to be confirmed.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020