Thanks to all of you who have been patiently waiting for us to pull together the final scores in our Formula 1 Predictions Competition.
After all the scores were tallied, it turned in an absolute nail-biter at the finish, with our top four-placed entrants split by just five points!
In the end, it came down to the allocation of bonus points and a few crafty ‘doubling’ of points.
Those who registered to play at the start of the 2013 season were also asked to nominate the driver and team who would win the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships, respectively. This question was asked in the Australian Grand Prix round of the championship, and the following points structure was added to the final Grand Prix’s points scores if their guesses were as follows:
- 25 points each if their nominated driver or constructor wins the 2013 championship
- 18 points each if their nominated driver or constructor finishes in second place
- 15 points each if their nominated driver or constructor finishes in third place; and
- A bonus 10 points if their nominated driver and constructor wins both titles
While Blind Freddy’s dog could tell at the halfway point of the season that it was going to be Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing sweeping to four on the trot, that was far from obvious at the start of the season.
So those who correctly got the double earned another 60 points to their final-round tally, and it was on account of this that our former champions JuliaNZ (winner in 2010-11) and defending champion Jenifermarie (winner of the 2012 title) nipped through to claim a one-two, knocking longstanding leader Keeta down into fourth place.
There were some serious movements in the final standings, and you can check out how you fared by clicking here.
Our thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s F1 Predictions Championship – we look forward to being back with another competition in the 2014 season!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020