Giedo van der Garde may still be on the driver market, but he’s no longer on the singles’ market: the Dutchman has celebrated the end of his debut Formula 1 season by getting married.
The Caterham F1 driver – whose future on the grid is still to be confirmed – wed long-time girlfriend Denise in Zwolle at a ceremony in his native Netherlands, which was also attended by former F1 drivers Jos Verstappen and Christijan Albers as well as a number of members of the Caterham team.
His bride is the daughter of Dutch billionaire Marcel Boekhoorn, whose business interests include a host of organisations such as Spyker Cars, the De Telegraaf newspaper and the McGregor Fashion Group empire.
Boekhoorn and his companies have helped bankroll van der Garde’s motorsport career for a number of years, and he is rumoured to be taking his sponsorship and son-in-law across to Sauber next year.
The RichardsF1.com team extends its congratulations to the happy couple!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020