The Formula 1 grid could one day have a second Pic on the grid, with confirmation that Charles Pic’s younger brother, Arthur, will make his GP2 Series debut in 2014 after concluding a deal to join the Campos Racing team.
The Spanish outfit – run run by former F1 driver and one-time aspiring F1 team owner Adrián Campos – is making its return to Formula 1’s feeder series after a five-year absence from the category, although the team has been present in other series’, such as the European F3 and FIA World Touring Car Championships.
The 22-year-old Pic has competed in the Formula Renault 3.5 Championship for the last three seasons, finishing eighth overall in last year’s standings. All up, he has claimed one win, two third places, two poles and three fastest laps.
“I’m very satisfied to have signed Arthur for our return in GP2 Series this season. We followed him closely in the past and his future looks brilliant,” Campos Racing team owner Adrián Campos said.
“I am sure that he will bring us great joy in terms of competitiveness. We are also working to make him feel immediately at home.”
Arthur’s older brother Charles, who has raced the past two season in Formula 1 with Marussia and Caterham respectively, is yet to have his 2014 future officially confirmed.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020