Former Grand Prix racer Vitantonio Liuzzi has claimed victory at Felipe Massa’s star-studded annual karting event at Florianópolis.
The former Toro Rosso, Force India and HRTF1 racer dominated proceedings at the event, topping every practice session en route to claiming pole position, which he then converted into victory.
Completing the podium was former F1 racer turned Toyota LMP1 driver Sébastien Buemi, while Massa claimed the final podium spot with third place.
Both Buemi and Massa had qualified well down the order, but each put on a charge in the race to climb through the field, overtaking the duelling Lucas di Grassi and Brazilian stock car racer Julio Campos, who were locked in their own tussle for second place.
Campos finished fourth, ahead of fellow Brazilians Antônio Pizzonia, Daniel Serra and Nelson Piquet Jr.
The popular event also included the likes of Rubens Barrichello, Bruno Senna and Felipe Nasr.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019