The Williams F1 Team has confirmed which engineers have been assigned to race drivers Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa for the 2014 season.
The Grove outfit has announced that Valtteri Bottas will continue with Jonathan Eddolls (pictured above) for a second season, while Andrew Murdoch – who served as Pastor Maldonado’s engineer last year – will oversee Felipe Massa’s car.
The announcement seemingly puts speculation on ice that has linked Massa’s former Ferrari engineer, Rob Smedley, to a switch to the team – however, the current appointments could simply be a reflection on the team having been unsuccessful in negotiating an early exit for the English engineer.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019