The Marussia F1 Team will be missing in action for some part of this week’s opening pre-season test session at Jerez, after the team uncovered an unspecified ‘technical glitch’ while preparing to send the new car to Spain.
The Banbury-based outfit had planned to give the Ferrari-powered MR03 its first running alongside its fellow teams’ new cars, and instead of transporting the car without its fix in place, the team has elected to delay the launch and complete the necessary works at its headquarters.
#MR03‘s testing debut is subject to a delay while we resolve a small but frustrating technical issue,” the team wrote on its official Twitter feed.
“he aim is to solve the issue as quickly as possible and send the car on its way. We’re all set up here in Jerez ready & waiting for it.”
Image via Marussia F1 Team
Latest posts by Geoff Burke (see all)
- Supercars: Pye to leave Walkinshaw Andretti United - 6 November, 2019
- McLaren parts ways with key sponsor - 5 November, 2019
- Supercars: Tim Blanchard Racing re-signs Macauley Jones - 4 November, 2019
- Supercars: Heimgartner to race alongside Kelly in 2020 - 1 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway will return for Sandown - 1 November, 2019