Honda has released the first on-track pictures of its 2014 World Touring Car Championship challenger conducting a pre-season test session at Motorland Aragón in Portugal.
Based on the existing Honda Civic model, the car sports a wider wheel track and vastly upgraded aerodynamics to conform to the series’ brand new regulations which come into effect this season. The car will also enjoy a substantial weight reduction and engine horsepower upgrade as well.
The new car was put through its paces by its two factory drivers, Gabriele Tarquini and Tiago Monteiro, as they prepared for the season-opening Race of Morocco in Marrakech in mid-April.
The pair will drive for Honda’s factory team, with the Japanese carmaker also supplying customer Civics to the independently run Zengő Motorsport and Proteam Motorsport teams, which will be raced by Norbert Michelisz and Mehdi Bennani respectively.
Image via Honda
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019