Sorry ladies – and perhaps the odd gent! – but it seems that Jenson Button is now officially spoken for. The McLaren driver has popped the question to long-time girlfriend, Jessica Michibata.
The pair has dated on-off for the last five years and have consistently dodged wedding rumours until his Japanese model girlfriend was spotted during this week’s pre-season testing in Bahrain sporting an enormous teardrop diamond ring.
A spokesperson for the couple has confirmed Button popped the question to Michibata, reporting that the pair are said to be “delighted”.
The pair first met at a Tokyo hotel bar in 2008, but it took almost a year of persistence from the Brit before Michibata finally relented to his request for a date.
They remained a couple during his championship-winning season with Brawn GP in 2009, but split in 2011 for six months before getting back together again.
The happy news comes just weeks after the passing of Jenson’s father John, who died of a heart attack last month at the age of 70.
The RichardsF1.com team extends is congratulations to the happy couple.
Images via BRDC and XPB Images
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019