The driver line-up at the Liqui Moly Team Engstler outfit has been finalised ahead of the start of the FIA World Touring Car Championship season.
The team has signed Pasquale di Sabatino to drive the team’s second BMW 320TC in the championship’s TC2 class, open to entries complying to the older Super 2000 regulations. He and teammate / team owner Franz Engstler will compete against full-time entries from entries from Campos Racing and Nika Racing.
“We are happy we managed to find a last-minute deal with Pasquale. He has some experience in WTCC and we expect some good results from him. We also thank Liqui Moly for their continuous support that enables us to stay in the WTCC since 2007,” team manager Kurt Treml said.
Di Sabatino makes his return to the championship for the first time since a part-season stint with Bamboo Engineering in 2012 (pictured above). His best result in the team’s Chevrolet Cruze 1.6T was a trio of twelfth-placed finishes.
Image via FIA WTCC Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018