We have a swag of exclusive interviews coming up in the coming weeks, and RichardsF1.com is delighted to announce that the next exclusive driver interview we’ll be publishing will be with former Mercedes F1 reserve driver and last year’s GP2 Series runner-up Sam Bird!
Sam was on course to claim a sensation GP2 Series title last year when disaster struck on the final race: a clutch failure left him stranded on the grid, leaving the Drivers’ Championship to go to Fabio Leimer.
Like many of his GP2 Series contemporaries, Bird’s abundant talent didn’t translate into the sponsorship dollars necessary to get him onto this year’s F1 grid, and after quietly parting ways with Mercedes in the off-season, he’s found solace in endurance racing, driving prototypes in the American United SportsCar Championship and earning an outing with Ferrari’s works AF Corse GT team in the FIA World Endurance Championship season-opener at Silverstone.
Our own Josh Kruse spoke exclusively with Bird a few weeks ago, and the interview will be online on Friday. Be sure to check it out!
Image via GP2 Series Media
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020